- 2008 – Equi-SMART is founded
- 2016 – Intro to massage course developed
- 2017 – Equi-SMART begins offering services nationally
- 2018 – SMARTcert Practitioner Course is launched in Ontario
- 2019 – SMARTcert Multidiscipline Reconditioning Program developed + tested
- 2020 – SMARTcert Courses now offered privately
- 2022 – SMARTcert Courses offered in Western Canada
MELISSA CACCAMO – BIO
I have been a horse-lover for a lifetime, and an equine massage therapist for thirteen years. It has been my full time career for the last six years – of which many have been the greatest years of my life, taking me all across Canada to work with horses and clients everywhere. I have been teaching classes and courses for many years and out of popular request developed the SMARTcert course in 2018. I am grateful to say that Jodi Pendry, who certified me, supported the SMARTcert course by contributing her original curriculum as she retired from teaching to take on new ventures. I have spent the last several years studying & researching equine biomechanics, physiology, behaviour, neuroscience, etc., and have poured all of the combined resources, research, success stories, case studies, experiences & more into a fully developed, comprehensive certification program.
My most enjoyable days are spent helping & watching students explore their skills and seeing horses benefit from the interactions. Observing the transitions from students into successful business owners is extremely satisfying, especially knowing that more horses are within reach of qualified equine massage therapists.