- 2008 – Equi-SMART is founded
- 2016 – Intro to massage course developed
- 2017 – Equi-SMART begins offering services nationally
- 2018 – SMARTcert Practitioner Course is launched in Ontario
- 2019 – SMARTcert Multidiscipline Reconditioning Program developed + tested
- 2020 – SMARTcert Courses now offered privately
MELISSA CACCAMO – BIO
I have been a horse-lover for a lifetime, and an equine massage therapist for twelve years. It has been my full time career for the last five years – of which many have been the greatest years of my life, taking me all across Canada to work with horses and clients everywhere. I have been teaching classes and courses for many years and out of popular request developed the SMARTcert course in 2018. I am grateful to say that Jodi Pendry, who certified me, supported the SMARTcert course by contributing her original curriculum as she retired from teaching to take on new ventures. I have spent the last several years studying & researching equine biomechanics, physiology, behaviour, neuroscience, etc., and have poured all of the combined resources, research, success stories, case studies, experiences and more into a fully developed, comprehensive certification program.